An insurance claim allows you to receive compensation after an injury, accident, lost of wages or when a death has occurred. In simple terms, it’s the event in time that allows your insurance policy to prove itself.
When it’s time to make a claim, the pressure and circumstances that surround you aren’t going to be too great. This is the reason insurance providers have the claims process ready to help make sure everything is quick and convenient.
There are additional services that are offered by your insurance provider such as rehabilitation services or counseling sessions, and they can be utilized when termed appropriate.
In certain places, a financial planning benefit is offered as well. This gives you the assistance you need to make sound judgments based on professional advice. It’s a great way to make the most of your claimed benefits, helping to secure your family’s future.
The Claims Process entails you to fill up a claim form. This includes detailed information regarding your existing condition, overall health, doctor’s reports and diagnosis. Medical proof such as lab reports, investigations, tests and medical certificates as well as an original copy of the insurance policy requirements should also be presented.
In the event of a death, the Life Insurance Policy can be claimed via submission of the death certificate. The process is summarized as follows:
1. The insurer or advisor is notified of the claim
2. The claim shall be assessed based on the circumstances and evidence you submit
3. A decision is then taken regarding your claim
4. Further information may be required. In such cases, your claims manager may feel the need to contact you
5. Certain claims such as income protection may require ongoing management. This is because they have a policy of paying a monthly benefit as opposed to a one time lump sum.